For each visitor to our website, our server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name and e-mail address (where applicable). We collect the domain name of visitors to our website, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as personal information, survey information and/or site registrations.
Generally, we collect information directly from you; however, we may on occasion collection information from third parties. Broadly speaking, we use personal information:
- To improve the content on our website;
- To customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor;
- To respond to requests for information;
- To provide you with customer service;
- To make available, promote and offer services, products and/or special offers;
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with you;
- To develop, modify and customize services and offers that would appeal to you and the public in general;
- To enable us to better serve you and the public in general;
When individuals visit the Tercot website, we may collect some basic information regarding the use of our website. This type of information can be collected automatically, that is not be registration or the completion by you of any on-line surveys, forms or questionnaires. This type of non-identifiable information could include the amount of traffic visiting the website, which webpages are visited and for how long, the type of internet browser being used, the type of computer operating system being used and the domain name of the website from which a link is made to our website, if any. This non-identifiable information is used only in the aggregate to help us better understand trends and patters evolving in the marketplace which will in turn allow us to improve the quality of our website.
Tercot has taken measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information collected and stored in our databases. Although appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect against the unauthorized use, alteration or loss of personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, however, you should be aware that any information transmitted over the internet may be intercepted by third parties. Tercot does not assume any liability for interception, misuse or alteration of any information transmitted over the internet.
We do not sell personal information outside our domain other than where specific reference is made and approval obtained from you when you provide such information, or where passing that information to third parties is necessary in order to provide you with information, products or services. For instance, personal information may be provided to the following entities:
- Any companies or legal entities that are associated with, related to, or affiliated with us or any other future condominium declarants.
- To any real estate agent and/or broker who introduced you to a specific project and/or to us.
- To one or more third party data processing companies which handle or process marketing campaigns on our behalf or other companies associated or affiliated with us.
- Any lender and warranty bond provider providing services to us or you.
- Any insurance companies providing coverage to us, our affiliates or related companies or to you.
- Any trades, sub-trades, suppliers or surveyors working on any of the projects.
- Any relevant governmental authorities or agencies.
- Our solicitors.
- The condominium corporation, in the case of a condominium project.
- To providers of cable television, telephone, Internet, security alarm and utility service systems together with providers of related services and systems.
- Our accountants and/or auditors.
We may also disclose personal information where we are required to do so by law.
If you become aware of any changes in your personal information, we encourage you to contact us to update us of your change and correct any inaccuracies. You have the right to access your personal information. If we are unable to provide access to some or all of the information that we hold about you, we will endeavour to provide you with an explanation.
We use Google Analytics provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), which allows us to gather and analyze information about the areas that you visit on our website that will be used to personalize our website in accordance with your interests and assumed preferences. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of www.tercot.com, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can set preferences for how Google advertising to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy or your personal information in relation to Tercot, please contact our legal department at:
By Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: (416) 309-9200
All complaints will be investigated as soon as is practicable in the circumstances.
By using our website and providing your e-mail address, you consent to receiving e-mail communication from us. We may send e-mail communications to subscribers in our contact database. If you do not want to receive e-mail communication from us or if you have received e-mail communication from us and do not wish to receive any e-mail communication in the future, please let us know by using any of the options noted above under the heading Lodging Complaints / Request for Additional Information – Privacy Officer. If you contact us, please provide us with your particulars and we will ensure your name is removed from any distribution list from Tercot Communities.